- 1 16 oz package firm/extra firm tofu
- 3 Tbsp gluten free low sodium soy sauce, tamari or Bragg’s liquid aminos
- 2 Tbsp honey (agave or maple syrup can be subbed for vegan)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- couple dashes of cayenne pepper or crushed red pepper
- olive oil spray
- chopped green onions/scallions for serving
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly spray a non-stick baking sheet with oil or use a silicone mat.
- 2. Slice tofu into 1/2-inch slices, and gently press excess water out of tofu (use tofu press or place between paper towels and put heavy weight on top for 10 minutes). Cut sliced tofu into 1/2-inch cubes.
- 3. In a bowl, stir together the soy sauce, honey, vinegar and oil. Stir in ginger, garlic powder and red pepper. Gently stir tofu cubes into sauce. Cover, and marinate at least 5 minutes.
- 4. Place the tofu on the baking sheet in a single layer. Spray tops with olive oil (I use the Misto) and bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes. Turn tofu, and bake until the tofu turns golden brown, about 20 minutes more or until develops a nice crisp crust. Enjoy!
- Serve over rice, with mixed vegetables, with stir fry...the options are endless!